In the current crisis, one economic factor has become the most decisive of all: Efficiency. To stay on top of the market in these turbulent times, tasks must be processed quickly and effectively and time-consuming process steps extensively automated. In order to provide the best service to users in this context, with their new 7.1 version of APplus Asseco Solutions has laid the foundations for the use of new process mining technologies alongside numerous new add-ons and additional modules. They enable users to visualize implicit process knowledge and in doing so, tap into new potential for optimization. Further, with the new version, legacy data will be consistently relocated, so that the size of the productive database is reduced and, even in times of rising data quantities, efficient working can be ensured. APplus 7.1 is now available to all existing and new customers.
As a central hub for information relating to business processes, ERP solutions manage the entirety of a company's wealth of data. In times of rising digitalization, where new aspects of business processes are linked into the ERP system, this data is growing increasingly in many companies. To be able to continue to provide users with a fast and efficient workspace with APplus, the architecture has been optimized further in version 7.1: The solution now consistently relocates legacy data and thereby reduces the size of the productive database. At the same time, users keep access to all relevant data at all times using the interface they are familiar with. The reduction in the size of the productive database simplifies the execution of backups and simultaneously ensures a continual and stable performance.
Green Light for Process Mining and Cloud Services
The extensive reservoir of information provided by an ERP solution also provides the ideal foundation for analyzing existing processes and in doing so, derive opportunities for optimization for more efficient day-to-day working. On top of this, APplus 7.1 also creates the basis for the use of current and future process mining technologies: Through configuration, users are now able to define specific events that are to be analyzed with the assistance of the corresponding additional function, for example. Using this definition, APplus then logs the relevant data to an external database in order to avoid any loss in performance. By logging the process data, hidden process knowledge can then be visualized and used to establish tangible suggestions for improvement for more efficient work practices.
APplus 7.1 also makes use of innovative technology for the expansion of its existing functionality offering: The new universal Cloud Connector now enables a straightforward connection with partner solutions and SAAS offerings and APplus, while also providing the highest possible level of security for the transferred data. An initial service offering that has been realized using this in APplus 7.1 enables users to convert invoices into the electronic invoice format XRechnung, which has been mandatory for federal agencies since November. The corresponding process can be instigated within APplus, where the document is then passed on through the Asseco Cloud Backend for conversion with the related service provided by Asseco partner, Seeburger. Upon completion of the conversion, the electronic invoice can then be dispatched as usual via APplus Output Control.
An Overview of Further Functions
Included among the further functions and add-ons in APplus 7.1:
- Implementation of Personalized Warehouse Strategies The new stock-dividing attributes in APplus 7.1 let customers flexibly and easily implement operational or market-side demands into their ERP system. Alongside the implementation of necessary withdrawal sequences, for example, expiry dates or similar can now be considered with stock issues.
- AI-Supported Warehouse Optimization: APplus permits an intelligent analysis of warehouse stocks and uses this to generate recommendations for the configuration of the corresponding warehouse parameters such as requirement planning type, minimum quantity or optimum lot size of the individual items. In practice, this optimization can enable stock reductions of up to 20 percent.
- Checklists and the Settlement of Travel Times in Service: APplus 7.1 provides continual processes in the Service area. Travel and special working hours can now be settled flexibly. At the same time, companies can define comprehensive company and resource dependent travel conditions which then find their use within the planning of service visits. Specified checklists to which obligatory entries can be set increase the standardization level of your documentation on-site.
- Qualified Check of the Value-Added Tax Identification Number (VAT ID): The new APplus enables the checking of the VAT ID via the German web service of the Federal Central Tax Office at the time of ordering as well as with goods dispatch. The check results are documented and, where necessary, can be output via a document.
- AI-Based Anomaly Agent for Production Processes: The APplus AI-based anomaly agent supports manufacturers in the early identification of deviations from normal production sequences and in doing so, helps to avoid the creation of scrap or impending machine breakdowns. Should critical parameter constellations be recognized, it allows for preventive counter measures.
- Improved User Interface: APplus 7.1 further improves the system's ergonomics and user friendliness. Now, where wanted, elements such as the tasks and bars can be shown or hidden as desired. The line item area can also be managed directly from the interface. Responsive design ensures that the individual elements automatically match to make full use of the available space on the screen. In addition the product configurator has now been reworked on the basis of HTML 5. From April onwards, it will be available in a brand new look.
- New Planning Table The new APplus planning table lets you visualize available capacity in the form of a histogram, among others. Tooltips can also be customized to suit the individual requirements of the process. The new project structure planning table directly displays project names and descriptions of each individual line item and offers support with tooltips to resources.
- Simplified Personalization Through AI Dashboards: Using the AI dashboards, users have the possibility to quickly and easily configure their own personal homepage. Based on an anonymous analysis of actual ERP usage, APplus then suggests useful elements for each employee: from convenient lists through to graphical overviews and also relevant workflows.
- Integrated QuickViews: With version 7.1, the APplus QuickViews have been applied to the standard version and further developed. They enable users to carry out database queries at will and then quickly and conveniently prepare the results as a table or diagram.
APplus 7.1 is now available to all new and existing customers.